Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Some more crazy

I usually write my blog post the day before it is published in case I run out of time before work in the mornings but today I was in Brisbane all day visiting a good friend and now dinner and other jobs are calling me so rather than write a long post I though I would just show you another of my crazy patchwork projects.

Beaded and French Knot Wisteria and a Dragonfly

This is a cushion that I made quite a few years ago now and it is looking a little worse for wear but the embroidery is still nice, and looking at it brings back happy memories.


Beaded fly stitch in variegated cotton
Isn't it nice to surround yourself with things that bring a smile to your face when you see them.  It helps to bring a sense of peace and homeliness to your house.

Silk Ribbon Fushias

The inevitable spider and web


An appliqued button lady
When I do crazy patchwork project I try to interject some items that have special memories for myself or the family.  These little button people are from a button bag I used to make and sell many years ago.  There were two people on each of the four pockets and I always depicted each of them doing something different like skipping, gardening, holding hands etc.

The complete cushion
The colours I chose in this cushion were to fit in with our lounge room at the time which had curtains made from an orange, purple, red and gold fabric.  It wasn't as bad as it sounds :)

Do you do embroidery, cross stitch, sewing or other textile crafts?

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cushion, Chelle. It must have taken you ages to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alwaysed loved that cushion chez and still do,,even though it might be a n
    bit worn,,,the stitchery ideas you come up with look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments. They do take quite a long time to make but I love doing it and it is actually quite an inexpensive hobby in comparison to some others because it takes some time and the cottons and trinkets used are easily recycled or picked up cheaply.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...