Monday, 13 February 2012

So Disheartening

I'm feeling a bit down today after being greeted by this sight when I woke up this morning.  I was so proud of how well the sweet corn was growing and the male flowers had just begun to emerge.  I had even calculated in my head how much corn there would be and how wonderful it would look blanched and frozen ready for whenever I needed it.

Left - sweet corn growing beautifully.  Right - destroyed by the puppy
Does anyone know whether I should just pull it all out or will it regrow.  About half of it still has the roots in the ground but the stems are chewed off.  The rest is scattered around the backyard.

I can see one of my next projects will have to be to build a fence if I am to have any success with growing vegetables this coming season.

Sigh


Chez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...