Saturday, 17 March 2012

Exploring the Local Area

This week has been very busy with little time to relax and do the things that I love to do, so yesterday after work I decided to get a head start on the weekend and do some exploring in my local area.  We have lived here for less than a year and I've heard of some lovely natural areas and reserves close by.


One is Ewen Maddock Dam which is only about 10 minutes drive from where we live and so perfect for an afternoon stroll and some sunset photos. 




I was pleasantly surprised to find that this dam that I drive past every week, had such a lovely picnic and BBQ area and beautiful boardwalks across the wetlands.  Sunset was probably not the best choice of time as there were clouds of midges or sandflies about but who can resist those lovely colours across the water and the silhouetted trees?




I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.  It certainly helped me to relax and slow down to a pace that I can now enjoy pottering around my home and garden for the rest of the weekend and rejuvenate myself to return to work next week.


1 comment:

  1. goreous pics chez...will have to do that one in april_may

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...