Friday, 30 March 2012

Letter boxes

I find letter boxes fascinating, or rather the things that people recycle into letterboxes.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to meander down some country roads during my work day and saw some very interesting letterboxes and thought I would take some photos to share with you.


This cow one was quite amusing.  There was also a lion further down the road but it was on a busier road and was not in a very safe place to park so I didn't get a photo of that one.



I particularly like this group.  There is something so quaint about a group of letterboxes all clustered together along the roadside.




It seems that any plastic or metal container that can have a hole cut in the side is suitable.  It also seems that the further you get out of town the more inventive the containers get.


This marked the entrance to an antiques shop and tea rooms.  Very fitting and just look at those views out to the coast.




An old plastic oil container nailed to a tree.  How simple and yet serves the purpose perfectly.




I like this one above.   It looks like it was just whacked together with materials that were found lying around and it looks terrific.




Hope you enjoyed wandering these country lanes with me.

Chez

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tour chez...yes i agree there are some really good letter boxes around,,people have amazing ideas at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...