Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Revamping Existing Clothes into New Outfits

Sometimes it is good to do an audit of your wardrobe.  Really take some time to view the existing clothes you have and make new outfits from them by teaming things you hadn't thought of together, adding some scarves or belts and other accessories etc.  I have heaps of scarves, pashminas, shawls, belts, earrings, necklaces, handbags and shoes all of which can be teamed together with basic outfits to create new looks.

I have been known to use large clip-on earrings to decorate a plain pair of shoes.  You could use hair clips on shoes too.  These days hair clips come with bows, flowers, glittery jewels, beads and a host of other pretty things on them.   Scarves, ribbons and some beaded necklaces make good belts.  If you have a handbag that the handle has given out on, just cut it off and tie a scarf through each metal loop for a new handle.  With a little thought all sorts of accessories can be interchanged.

I recently saw this youtube video and thought it was a wonderful idea of how to look at using clothes for something completely different that what they were originally designed for.  This young lady shows some very creative ideas for using mens shirts as tops, dresses and skirts.  How clever!


Below is a link to a handy website that shows how to mix and match outfits with various accessories to create a new look.  Maybe you can imagine some of your clothes in place of these ones and some of your accessories and put together a new outfit or two.  Best of all you could end up with a range of new outfits at absolutely no cost just because you took look at your wardrobe through new eyes.

http://www.polyvore.com/all_shades_blue/collection?id=1329634

You can go to the 'Create' section and drag and drop items that are similar to your own to get an idea of how they would look by clicking here.



Here is one I made up using pretty basic things I have in my wardrobe.  I'm going to go off and have another play now and see what else I can come up with.  Maybe something more inventive this time.

Chez

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Thanks for sharing. The youtube video is amazing. I think I could have lots of fun playing with the web-site you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing isn't it. How clever, I couldn't wait to share it in a post. The polyvore site is great if you don't get caught up in the fact that it is to make you buy the products. I just try to use it to mix and match what I already have in my wardrobe.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...