Friday, 2 March 2012

Secret Salad Dressing

I didn't have much to write about for today's post and while I was cooking dinner tonight I made our families favourite salad dressing and thought I would let you all in on the secret.

It comes from a cafe I used to eat at from time to time and I loved it so much that I asked what it was only to be told that it was a secret homemade dressing.  Eventually overtime I found out the ingredients involved and through trial and error have finally settled on something that our family loves.



Every time we have family or friends for dinner and serve this salad dressing I am always asked for the recipe so here it is.

Balsamic Dressing
Ingredients
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Maple Syrup

Method
Put all ingredients a small container with a lid and shake until well combined.
You can adjust to taste eg: if you prefer it not so sweet you can leave out some of the maple syrup.

That's all there is too it although you can add some salt, pepper and a little crushed garlic for a more enhanced flavour.  We like it just simple as it is.

It is particularly nice on a pear and walnut salad so I will include the recipe for that here too.

Pear and Walnut Salad
Ingredients
1 pear, sliced thinly
Baby spinach leaves, or Cos lettuce
Fetta cheese, cut into cubes
1 red onion, sliced thinly
1/4 cup walnuts

Method
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and lavish with the salad dressing above.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these recipes.I hate cooking so like things that are quick and easy to prepare and this salad and dressing sound great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...