Sunday, 8 April 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

Happy Easter!
Here is a run down of what's been happening around here in the past week.  Plenty of relaxing has been going on because I am on holidays, but it has been nicely balanced with getting some of the little jobs out of the way too.
An embroidered bunny I made years ago, I found him in a storage box just in time for Easter.
Monday
http://monarch--place.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/national-year-of-reading-2012.html

Australian National Year of Reading.  Well I mentioned I was about to start the book 'Hunger Games' to see what all the fuss was about.  I can now report that I loved the book and don't want to ruin it by seeing the movie as I have all these pre-conceived images of how things looked and what the characters are like, and I like it that way. It was one of those books I didn't want to put down and so there were a couple of nights where I read through until the wee hours of the morning.  I eagerly looked on the Kindle bookstore for the sequel and to my utter disappointment it is not available to Australian Kindle readers.  Seriously, why on earth not?!!  Looks like I'm going to have to go on the waiting list down at the local library for it now.  There are three books in the series.

Tuesday
http://monarch--place.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/tea-cup-pincushions.html

I am really eager to make one of these teacup pincushions for myself now, having given these two away as gifts.  I think I might need to go op-shopping next week as I need to pick up another couple of tea cups.

Thursday
http://monarch--place.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/100-things-to-teach-your-child.html

A list of what we considered important, fun and handy to teach our children when they were growing up. Plus a few old photos of them in action.

Saturday
http://monarch--place.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/holiday-activities-for-kids.html

There are lots of recipes for keeping the kiddies actively entertained for the school holidays or over the weekend here.

Hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend.

Chez

2 comments:

  1. Your bunny is beautiful :)
    THe Hunger Games doesn't really appeal to me but I'd love to see that Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie.
    A kindle is on my wish list. I guess I should get on with reading all those unread books in my bookcase first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie too. I've been told it is hilarious and I love a good comedy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...