Sunday, 15 April 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

It's that time again, time to see what actually has been accomplished at Monarch Place this week.

Looking through this post it doesn't seem that I've really done much, especially in the gardening or crafty side but I promise you there is craft happening but the projects are just not finished yet and so I can't show you.  I think there may be some to blog about this coming week though.

As I write this there is paint drying on a gardening project that I have in store for a future post and the wonderful smell of Chicken and Vegetable Soup simmering on the stovetop and it's raining outside.  It creates such a lovely cozy and homely feeling just having the aroma of the soup wafting though the house.  
Beaded Braids from the Souks in Qatar

Tuesday


This was a post showing another of my crazy patchwork projects.  This time a bucket that I am using to keep braids and ribbons in, many of which were bought from the souks (market places) in the Middle East.  The photos are some of the more exquisite ones and probably destined for more crazy patchwork projects but there are just not enough hours in the day at the moment.


Beautiful embroidered and beaded braids
Thursday
http://monarch--place.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/bread-and-butter-cucumber-pickles.html

Monarch Place is alive with cucumbers and here is the recipe I used to make Bread and Butter Cucumber Pickles.  These taste great mixed into a potato salad, served on the side with a green salad, spread onto a sandwich or burger and eaten with cheese and crackers.  Very versatile and they keep well so a good item to stock in the pantry.

Cheese with Bread and Butter Cucumber Pickles on Crackers
Saturday
http://monarch--place.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/what-to-do-with-cucumbers.html

More about what to do with cucumbers, including a recipe for Tzatziki dip and a Tomato and Cucumber salad and dressing we ate many times in Turkish restaurants.  It is fresh and tasty.  I even froze some of the Tzatziki dip and thawed it to see how the consistency holds up.  Turns out it is okay so I'll definitely be making some more and freezing it for later.  Yes there are many many more cucumbers yet to be picked.

Thank You
I also want to thank my regular readers and also those who come across the blog accidentally through either a google search or other site like Pinterest, Facebook etc.  It is nice to know that you drop by and I welcome your comments, I love reading them.  Please consider clicking on the 'Followers' button down the right hand side if you are a regular reader too.  It makes it easy for me and others to follow your blog if you have one and if you don't well it's nice to know who my regular visitors are.

Cheers
Chez

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...