Saturday, 19 May 2012

Catching Up

Today's post is a bit of a catch up of what I've been up to over the past few weeks while I have had visitors.
Mooloolaba Spit
There has not been much time for blogging so I apologise for the lack of posts but we have had a wonderful time playing tourists.  Exploring your local area is a great thing to do if you want a cheap holiday and because you are out of normal routine it feels like you are getting a break away but you still get to come home and sleep in your own bed.  The old saying 'A change is as good as a holiday' rings true.


Relaxing on Labour Day at Mooloolaba Spit

Maroochydore - Fisherman's Road Markets on a wet Saturday
While my Mum and Aunty have been here I have still had to work 4 days a week but on the weekends we have visited markets, craft shows, beaches, coffee shops, mountain villages, the recycle centre, shopping centres, restaurants, friends and family and the city.  We have also done our fair share of taste testing at the Yandina Ginger Factory, Macadamia Nut Factory, Maleny Cheese Factory and various food stalls at markets.

I must admit though, that I had my days free on the weekend because while my Mum and Aunty were here I didn't have to water the garden, do the washing or cook dinner because it was all done when I got home from work.

Mooloolaba - Tribute statue to Steve Irwin of Australia Zoo

Brisbane - Rainforest walk at Southbank Parklands
I have discovered a few places I had never known about before like a fabulous bookshop in Eumundi.  It has new books towards the front of the store and then it goes back and back from room to room full of second-hand books.  Placed around the shop are lounges and chairs so you can sit back and have a good browse.  I could have spent all day in there.

Montville - German Cuckoo Clock Shop
Daisy - Birthday present from my family
I also celebrated my 50th Birthday last week and was thoroughly spoilt by family, friends and work colleagues.  We have 'Birthday Buddies' at work and mine just happens to be our wonderful 'Hospitality Teacher' who made me a yummy 'Chocolate and Lavender' cake and gave me a big bunch of lilies.

The family sent me off to be pampered at the hairdresser and took me out to dinner to a lovely restaurant just down the road called 'Daisy's Place' which is in the most delightful tropical rainforest setting and the service and food are excellent.  I was shown a photo of the kitten above and told she would be arriving the next day and so she was promptly named 'Daisy' although her nickname is 'the terrorist' as she is prone to climbing up your legs and jumping out from hidden places when you least expect it.

Chez












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...