Thursday, 24 May 2012

Free e-books

I use a Kindle e-reader and love it for the convenience of being able to access a book to read instantly and also for carrying a lot of reading material when traveling.  When we travelled around Europe I only had the Kindle in my luggage rather than carrying a whole series of books.

Healthy Children's Lunches (52 Brilliant Ideas) [Kindle Edition]

I have recently discovered that there are also a lot of useful books on sustainability, recipies, homemaking, gardening etc and I'd like to share the free ones that I've found with you.

If you don't have a Kindle e-reader you can still download these books to your iPad or computer for reading.  I love my iPad for PDF knitting patterns and magazines because of the big glossy photos and that way I'm also saving paper and printing ink.  The iPad sits on the lounge beside me and I knit from the pattern that way.  You would have to first create a free Amazon account and download a reading app to whichever device you would like to access your books on.  There are apps for smart-phones, computers and tablets.

Click on the book title below the photo to access the link for each book on the Amazon website.

A Simple Guide to Raising Chickens [Kindle Edition]

Backyard Chickens for Beginners: Getting the Best Chickens, Choosing Coops, Feeding and Care, and Beating City Chicken Laws (36-page Booklet) [Kindle Edition]

Weekend Homesteader: August [Kindle Edition]

How To Organize A Closet: Closet Organization Ideas and Closet Storage Solutions (Organization, Planning and Time Management) [Kindle Edition]

Growing Root Vegetables At Home: A guide on how to grow amazingly tasty potatoes, carrots, beetroots, parsnips, swedes and turnips [Kindle Edition]

AMAZING HOME, OFFICE AND GENERAL TIPS AND IDEAS! [Kindle Edition]


Growing Herbs Indoors : Your Guide To Growing Herbs In Containers For A Vibrant Indoor Herb Garden [Kindle Edition]

Christmas Projects - 12 festive projects from 82 Modern Style Ideas [Kindle Edition]

Encyclopedia of Needlework [Kindle Edition]

Utilising free e-books is a great way to save money and is accessible to anyone with an internet connection and computer.  The book above 'Encyclopedia of Needlework' is worth $47 in hardcover form.

It is a good idea to keep an eye on the Amazon website for free books as they change frequently.  In the 2 days that I put this post together I had to delete three books that had been taken off the free list but others have most likely been added.  At the time of posting these books are free on Amazon but won't remain so forever.

Another website that has a number of free e-books of craft titles is 'Interweave Knits'.  This link will take you to a page where you can download 9 free e-books on Quilting, Knitting, Jewelry Making, Sewing, Spinning, Artist and Beading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...