Monday, 7 May 2012

Touring Noosa

We continue our tour of the Sunshine Coast area with a trip to beautiful Noosa at the very top of the Sunshine Coast.

Noosa Beach and Boardwalk
We chose a very busy day to visit the Noosa area as there was a triathalon event on and so the traffic was quite bad but luck was on our side and we found a park for the car and happily strolled around exploring the shops and beaches.

Noosa Spit -  Inlet to the Noosa River
The tide was rushing out very fast because of the 'Super moon' due tonight and we could see a lot of sand bars in the mouth and inlet of the river which were probably made worse by the flooding a few months ago. They had sand dredges working away to clear some of it to allow free passage to all the fishing boats and other water craft that use the area.

Noosa River at Noosaville
The river was an unusually dirty colour because of all the rain we have had in the last week or two which has stirred up the mud from the mangroves combined with the silt washed down from the hinterland but it is still a beautiful peaceful place to rest up and watch the world go by.

I'm loving playing tourist guide to my Mum and Aunty.  I get to look at local and familiar places with fresh eyes and it makes me feel like I am on holidays too.

Chez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...