Saturday, 2 June 2012

Sampler Applique Quilt

Finally it is finished!  This poor old quilt has been a UFO (unfinished object) for quite a number of years now and thanks to my Aunty and Mum who were here on holidays recently, it is now finished.


I can't remember when I originally started making this but it must have been about 4 or 5 years ago and the majority of it was done in that first year but then it was put aside to wait for the backing fabric and wadding to be bought, shoved aside when it was too hot to quilt in Summer, and then finally I lost the fabric I bought for the binding.  When we moved to live overseas it was packed away with my other craft things and just recently has seen the light of day again.


My Aunt and Mum are avid quilters and we spent many hours in quilt shops while they were here so I have had plenty of opportunities to buy more fabric to replace that elusive binding that was lost.  My Aunt did the cutting and machine sewing of the binding and then my Mum finished the hand sewing to secure the binding over the edges.


I am so glad it is finished and I really love it.




If you are a quilter the obvious mistakes will jump right out at you but in my defense it was one of the first quilts I ever made and my first freeform machine quilting, and being more of an embroider than a quilter I am very proud of it.

Soon it will be on display hanging on the craft room wall.

Chez

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, I'm so glad it is finally finished and can now be enjoyed instead of being stuffed away in a cupboard somewhere.

      Delete
  2. This is just amazing, the colours, the design, something to treasure for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so beautiful. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...