Monday, 26 November 2012

One Person's Trash is Another Person's Treasure

I'm sure you can all guess where I'm going with this title.  Yes, I've been down at the Recycling Centre again and the old adage 'One man's trash is another man's treasure' has proven true.

I am always amazed at the things that can be found there and I have to resist the urge to not load up the car or trailer and bring it all home with me.

Over the weekend it was my eldest son's birthday and he loves 'old school' stuff.  He is rather quirky for a 20 year old, choosing to shave with a cut-throat razor, he plays the ukulele and one of his favourite pastimes is whittling.  He asked for a record player for his birthday and amazingly Aldi had them on sale just a couple of months ago which I bought and stashed in the wardrobe until his birthday.


On the day he unwrapped the record player and was thrilled but needed some vinyl albums to listen to so off to the Recycle Centre we went as we knew that they had them there from when we bought some to make the Vinyl bowls I blogged about a few months ago.  He picked up '2001 a Space Odyssey', 'Elvis Christmas album', 'Frank Sinatra' and a few others.

Imagine our surprise when we were checking on the internet to see where other albums could be purchased from and we found that the $5 Elvis Christmas album he bought is being sold for $55 online!


My purchases included the game 'Cashflow' which we have wanted to buy for years but could never justify spending over $100 on it.  There were always more important things to be bought or bills to be paid but I picked up an almost brand new game for only $3.00.  Again when looking online to see how much it is worth I noticed them selling on ebay for $95.00!  I also noticed that you can play the game online for free these days :)

The Recycle Centre is becoming quite a crowded place these days and I can see why.  There are always plenty of bargains to be had and best of all there is less stuff going into landfill.

Chez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...