Sunday, 11 November 2012

Two Free Knitting Patterns from Monarch Place

I wanted to share a couple of my knitting patterns with you and have them down the side of my blog for you to download at anytime.  However I haven't quite worked out how to do that yet so I will put them together in this post and when I get clever enough to link them in the side columns I will do that too. Click on the link below the name of each pattern to download the pdf.

This first pattern I've called the 'Istanbul Scarf'.  It is a really simple stitch combination and knits up quickly with worsted weight yarn.  I made this for myself for our trip to Istanbul in the Winter as after living in Qatar in 50C (120F) heat I needed some warm cuddly goodness to wrap myself in for our holiday.



This little hat pattern I designed while waiting for my first grandchild to be born.  I wanted something that would be unisex but loved the thought of being able to add a ribbon if it was a girl.  Turns out I now have a beautiful grandson and removing the ribbon was all it took to make this pattern suitable for him.  
The hearts are a lovely feature but be warned you need to knit this from a yarn that gives good stitch definition to see the hearts clearly.

 Hearts & Bows Baby Hat 
(click here to download the pattern)
I hope you enjoy making these patterns as much as I enjoyed designing and knitting them myself.

Chez

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read this post today.

    I was just looking for a cute baby hat for my sister, who is due with a little girl in February.

    Your hat will be perfect! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn, You can also reverse the hearts pattern chart to make the hearts the knit stitch and the background the purl stitch if you prefer it that way. This was a comment from another knitter. The patterns are also available on Ravelry so you can read others comments on there.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...