Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Holiday in Western Australia

The first week of our holidays was spent visiting friends and family in Western Australia.  It has been over 7 years since I was there last and 9 years since my husband has been back.  That is way too long and it was lovely to see how places have changed and especially lovely seeing people that we haven't seen in a very long time.

R to L Impressive storm clouds,  kangaroo joey, WA Christmas trees
We had some impressive storms while there and this one was brooding and looming for quite awhile and made great photographic opportunities.  The joey in the next photo was rescued from his mothers pouch when she was hit by a car.  My sister is looking after her until she is of age to be independent and can be released.  The orange blossomed trees in the bottom photo are called 'Christmas Trees' and are native only to Western Australia.  They are thus named because they only flower at Christmas time and it was lovely to see them again after so long as they are a part of my childhood and bought back fond memories.

One day we caught the new train line from Safety Bay into Perth city and had a bit of a wander around the mall and arcades.  It was quite lovely and so quiet and non-congested compared to many other cities.
London Court, Hay Street Mall, Perth CBD
I was particularly pleased to see that London Court is still there.  I remember going to Perth with my Mum and grandmother when I was just a little girl and I loved London Court even then.
Mandurah Foreshore, Marina and Boardwalk
We also spent some time in Mandurah which is close to where my family is from.  It is a small but beautiful city and I highly recommend a visit if you are ever in Western Australia.
Brunswick Junction - the heart of dairy country
Western Australia is well known for it's dairy industry and one of our driving tours took us through Brunswick Junction which has a comical display of dairy cows placed randomly throughout the town and local area.  I just loved them!

It was a lovely week and a great way to kick off our holiday break.

Chez



1 comment:

  1. Very nice to see your photos, we may have passed in the street!
    Enjoy the rest of your time off,
    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...