Monday, 21 January 2013

Latest Knitting Projects

I wanted to show you some of the projects that I have been working on for Christmas and a friend's birthday but until now I was sworn to secrecy as the recipients might  would have read this and the surprise factor would be zero.

My youngest son wanted to buy his sister a grey beanie for Christmas and I offered to knit one instead. I already had everything I needed so it was just a matter of him picking a pattern and me doing some stash diving to find the best yarn.  He was thrilled with the result and so was his sister (sshhh she still doesn't know it was a handknit).  The pattern is Sugar Maple Hat which is a free Ravelry download for members.


I also made this pair of socks as a gift but with no-one particular in mind and so I still have them waiting for just the right person.   The pattern is the Yarn Harlot's  'A Good Plain Sock Recipe' published in her book 'Knitting Rules' and the yarn is a discontinued 'Opal - Silk' that I had in my yarn stash.  One of my resolutions this year is to knit from my stashed yarn exclusively and try not to add too much new yarn to it.  I have enough yarn that it is starting to take over our craftroom/office space



This lovely shawl was made for a very dear friend's birthday.  It is the 'Lazy Katy Shawl' pattern and is knit from a Schoppel Wolle Zauberball.  I am so pleased she loved it just as much as I loved making it for her.  I've even promised to wash and block it for her whenever she needs it done as she is not a knitter herself and the blocking on this was was a little tricky.



Knit on

Chez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...