Monday, 14 January 2013

Rest Relaxing and Resolutions

Well here we are, another year over and a new one just beginning.

I have been on a long holiday break from work and I've also taken an extensive blogging break.  It has been lovely to spend time with family and friends, to relax and to get a few of those little jobs around the house done that we just never seem to get to during the work term.

Did you make any New Years Resolutions?  I'm not one for making them myself but then again I  have tried to put some goals into place for this year so you could call them resolutions I guess.  I love that saying that if you aim for nothing you will usually hit it.

I am starting a business where I can work from home but I can't quite leave my external job just yet so I have to be doing both for awhile.  However my goal is that I will be working from home by the middle of the year or at the very least by the end of 2013.  My rule is that I need to be consistently making the same wage from the home business as from my regular work before I can leave.

I know this is going to make me extremely busy once I have to go back to 'working for the man', so I'm putting a few procedures in place to make things as easy as possible.  I've done some organising of our home and new storage ideas and I'll blog about those another time.

I've also been preparing to go back to work by getting the house cleaned up, doing all those deep cleaning chores that will help with general cleaning and free up my time.  Windows, walls, cupboards, ovens, fridges etc have all been cleaned and at the same time I've been able to declutter.  Things we don't use anymore or that are broken, or food and medicines that are out-of-date have been given away, thrown away or otherwise disposed of.  I find that an uncluttered house for me equals an uncluttered mind.

I would like to extend a warm welcome to any new readers and members.  I love readers to participate in the blog via comments and ideas which can help us all along this path.  Who doesn't need to know how to make life that bit easier, more fun or more beautiful?

And of course for all the regular readers I hope the new year is treating you well so far and I'd love for you to join me again this year at Monarch Place.

Chez

1 comment:

  1. Oh good for you organizing a way to work from home - I hope it works out well. I hear what you say about un-cluttering and deep cleaning what a great way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so please leave some :D I've been getting lots of SPAM lately. Please note spammers, your comment is not read, I don't click on your links and I delete your comment so others can't see it and click on the links either so you are wasting your time and effort here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...